An employee engagement session, this event was aimed at enabling a global team to re-connect & recharge after almost 2 years of working from home.
- With jam-packed activities planned for their annual team-building event, this Finance giant wanted us to curate a high-energy, immersive and effectively engaging employee engagement experience.
- The main objective was to enable the BCG team to re-connect & recharge after almost 2 years of working from home.
- The venue was in Mumbai, and so the theme, obviously, needed to have that Bollywood ‘magic' to it.
- Furthermore, the team was meeting each other after almost a 2 years hiatus. Thus, effective engagement was to be the foremost priority. They also wanted the activity to have multiple layers and an immersive storyline.
- Post evaluating all the possible options as per the above-mentioned brief, we decided to customize one of our signature activities to include all the required elements.
- One of our most flavor-rich and highly engaging team engagement activities - Murder Mystery checked all the boxes for the client in the most immersive way!
- High both in engagement and energy, it could easily be customized to fit in the elements of collaboration, creativity, and a WOW! factor while being fully immersive as an experience.
- The activity revolves around an unsolved crime, and a group of exceptional crime scene investigators trying to find the culprit.
- It continues to serve as our ace in the hole on multiple occasions, and so we decided to up the game a little this time.
- This led to the creation of a storyline, and execution model, so immersive that 2 hours just flew past as the multiple teams worked around the clock to find the culprit amongst the long list of convincing suspects.
- The activity started with our expert facilitator describing the gruesome scene of the crime-
“On the auspicious day of their wedding, a bride is found dead at the venue. The police have taken 4 suspects into custody, and the body is sent off for forensic investigation. However, the police feel short-staffed and call for reinforcements. And this is where the BCG team comes in. They are asked to don the detective hats for the day, and assist the police in solving this murder mystery.”
- To facilitate this whole experience, the teams were broken down into multiple sub-zones, with individual roles for multiple groups of participants.
- An intricate web of roles and responsibilities, this session found every single participant equally immersed and collaborating in a way that they couldn’t have imagined.
- Once the entire group is divided into individual teams, the teams are further divided into sub-team with very specific roles and responsibilities.
- These include - The Investigative Teams, The Psychoanalysts, and The Task Each sub-team had its own set of debriefing points, and challenges responding to these points.
- The investigators & the psychoanalysts were provided with custom-made props to lend a layer of authenticity to the entire experience.
- We also placed groups of real actors to play the role of real-life suspects, and the sub-teams for the BCG group went around asking questions and interrogating them individually.
- A crime scene was also created for each of the investigative teams to analyze. With customized forensic samples for their collection and analysis, the task team found their hands full throughout the session.
- They were assigned the important job of collecting forensic samples and matching them with the ones found at the crime scene at the custom-made ‘Investigation Booth.’
- Furthermore, they found themselves facing multiple engaging challenges to get their hands on the final forensic reports for every sample available.
- With actual samples, test tubes, and forensic doctors available at the booth, the whole activity came to life in an interactive, immersive, and engaging manner.
The end result of this immersive, high-energy, and extremely creatively challenging activity was crime scene reports that reeked of mayhem, conspiracy, and psychological thrill. Furthermore, the custom-made props, crime scenes, and exceptionally good actors allowed the entire experience to feel like a page out of a thriller novel. The dots connected beautifully for every single team member, even as they found themselves working hand in hand with each other. A stage set for boosting collaboration and infusing a much-needed playful vibe - the activity exceeded any and all client expectations!
At Team Builders India, we truly do believe in helping visions come true. From empowering leadership development sessions, and insightful college to corporate sessions to highly engaging and absolutely immersive team-building experiences - both physical and virtual, we have something for everyone!